Dealing with family issues is challenging and the outcome lasts a lifetime. Cindy Wilson, founder of Wilson Family Law LLC, knows that and helps her clients work through the toughest times of their lives with compassion and understanding. She dedicates her practice exclusively to the areas of family and matrimonial law. She has experience representing a wide variety of clients from those of high net worth to those facing challenging financial situations. She is experienced in all phases of litigation concerning divorce, custody, alimony and child support, equitable distribution, and domestic violence. Cindy practices with an emphasis toward peaceful resolution, recognizing that you don’t need to divide the family to divide the assets. She is member of the New Jersey Court Roster of Family Mediators, the New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators, and volunteers her time as an Intensive Settlement Panelist for the courts. She also serves as a private mediator for couples who, with or without their attorneys, wish to move forward with their divorce in an expeditious manner. Cindy is a trained and experienced Collaborative Family Law attorney and serves on the boards of the New Jersey Collaborative Law Group and the New Jersey Council of Collaborative Practice Groups.
Cindy received her B.A. from Rutgers University and her J.D. from Seton Hall Law School. While in law school, Cindy was a law clerk for the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General in the Division of Youth and Family Services (currently Child Protection & Permanency) and worked on cases involving abused and neglected children. After graduation, she was a law clerk to the Chief Judge of the Family Division in Montgomery County, Maryland, where she lectured about gun possession in domestic violence cases. She was employed as the Director of Student Services at Seton Hall Law School where she served as a member of the New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Women in the Courts and was honored by the Class of 2009 with the naming of her office in her honor. Before practicing law, Cindy was a special education teacher for five years working with emotionally disturbed teenagers from inner-city school districts. The skills she developed during her tenure working with abused and neglected youth still serves her today. She easily recognizes points of conflict and quickly identifies creative solutions for her clients.
- New Jersey, 2000
- Maryland, 2000
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2000
- Seton Hall Law School, J.D.
- American University, Washington College of Law (visiting student)
- Rutgers University, B.A.
- Kean University, Certificate Teacher of the Handicapped
- Honorable Louise G. Scrivener, Chief Judge of the Family Division, Sixth Judicial Circuit, Montgomery County, Maryland
- Guest Lecturer, Family Law Mediation, Seton Hall Law School
- Seton Hall Law School, Director of Student Services
- Paradiso, Dack, Taub & Sinay, PC, Attorney
- New Jersey Office of the Attorney General, Division of Youth and Family Services (DCP&P)
- New Jersey Office of the Attorney General, Division of Civil Rights
- Mount Carmel Guild School, Special Education Teacher for students from inner city school districts
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIP
- Early Settlement Panelist, Morris County Court and Union County Court
- Approved Mediator, Court Roster of Family Mediators in Morris, Union, Essex, Hudson, Bergen, Somerset, Hunterdon, Sussex, Monmouth, and Ocean counties.
- New Jersey Collaborative Law Group, Past President
- New Jersey Council of Collaborative Practice Groups, Representative
- Family Focused Divorce Group, Member
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member
- New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators, Member
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Morris County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Union County Bar Association , Family Law Section
LIFE OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
Cindy lives in Morris County with her husband and daughter. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her family, playing softball, rooting for her favorite football team, and serving on various community boards.