What My Collaborative Team Does
Our mission is to provide meaningful, dynamic, powerful, and thought-provoking resources to Collaborative Practice Groups and Practitioners worldwide seeking to transform the process by which people resolve disputes. We are a catalyst for change. My Collaborative Team is here to provide marketing and educational opportunities for our members in building more successful Collaborative practices utilizing our digital and virtual marketing outlets.
My Collaborative Team distributes the world's number one Collaborative newsletter.
In depth and dynamic webinars to build your best collaborative practice!
My Collaborative Team offers opportunities to our members to create a more successful Collaborative Practice
Financially supporting the marketing efforts of Collaborative organizations.
Written content is one of the most effective forms of marketing.
Most people know what happens in a divorce: one spouse files a petition...
3684 N. Wickham Road, Ste. B, Melbourne, FL, Florida, United States 32935
- Prior to establishing her own firm in 2001, Joan Berry Nassar practiced in several private law firms in S.C. and FL. She has practiced exclusively in the area of family law since 1994.
- Brevard Community College, Melbourne / Cocoa, Florida
- Legal Writing (Fall 1994), Legal Research (Fall 1994), Family Law (Fall 1996)
- Limestone College, St. George, South Carolina
- American Bar Association Member
- Florida Bar Association Member, 1993 – present
- Family Law Section Member, 2000 – present
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee Member, 2002 – 2003
- Brevard County Bar Association Member, 1993 – present
- Co-Chair Mentor Program, 1998 – 2000
- Young Lawyers Division of Brevard County Bar Association
- Executive Board Member, 1994 -1997,
- President, 1996 – 1997
- Family Law Advisory Group, 2005 – 2007
- Chair – Divorce Symposium 2006 and 2007
- Brevard Bar Foundation – Lifetime Charter Member
- Vassar B. Carlton American Inn of Court
- Pupil, 1995 – 1997
- Barrister, 1999 – 2002 (Secretary/Treasurer)
- Master, 2008 – present
- Secretary/Treasurer, 2008 – 2011
- President, 2011 – 2012
- Emeritus Member, 2012 – present
- Mentor of the Year, 2015
- South Carolina Bar Association, 1990 – present (Currently inactive)
- Brevard Rescue Mission, 2018 to present
- Secretary, 2019 – present
- Brevard County Contract Mediator 1996 – 2000
- Supreme Court of Florida Certified Family Mediator, 1996 to present
- Supreme Court of Florida Certified Appellate Mediator, 2008 to present
- Trained in the collaborative practice in 2007 and 2018
- Recipient of First Annual Young Lawyers Professionalism Award from Brevard County Bar Association. (1999)
- Third Annual J. Preston Silvernail Civility Award – Presented by Chief Judge John M. Harris, 18th Judicial Circuit, “For Commitment to Excellence in the Practice of Law and the Respectful and Courteous Treatment of All People and for Conducting Oneself in a Way That Brings Honor to the Legal Profession”. (July 12, 2017)
- Speaker at the Women’s Center on legal separation and divorce.
- Speaker at “What to Expect When Filing for a Divorce” sponsored by Brevard Community College and the 18th Judicial Circuit Judges.